Monday, May 23, 2005

A Blog just for me

This is not to belittle other blogs I have started here and there, nor the contents of other blogs I have right here on blogspot, but the other two have definite purposes and I wanted a place just for me without having to adhere to a theme.

So here I am. It's the Monday of a holiday weekend in Canada and the workweek will start again tomorrow. It's been an oddly quiet weekend. My youngest daughter is spending the scheduled weekend with her other parent and stepparent. My son has been off to a friend's house for the past few days, and I actually ended up home alone for the first time in a long time. It's been rather nice.

This is not to say that I want to be alone 24/7/365, but a certain amount of "me" time is essential to my mental well-being. I even slept in on Sunday and missed Mass. I'm sure God will forgive me, and I don't really care what the rest of the congregation thinks.

The only disturbance to my weekend was a very noisy mouse in my bedroom sometime Sunday morning. It was around 3:30 when I cracked open an eyeball and peered at my clock. The noise was partly my own fault: my room is a minor disaster area and there are rattly things on the floor, like empty plastic bags. Mousie rattled and jumped and woke me up. I kept thinking the little bugger was going to find its way onto my bed, and when I sat up and waited patiently, I could see it creeping toward my housecoat which hangs on a hook by my bed and reaches the floor. Sure enough, Wee Mousie made the effort to climb up and thence onto my bookcase headboard, until I moved. This drove Mousie back into my closet.

Knowing sleep was gone for a while, I got up, opened my bedroom door, grabbed Miss Kitty who was in the hallway, and tossed her into my room. I went downstairs and went online to kill some time. An hour later, I returned to my room, discovered Miss Kitty had Mousie cornered and possibly wounded. I caught Mousie and released it outside in the grass to live or die on its own. When I checked in the morning, it was no longer there, so it either crawled off to die, went elsewhere or was eaten by some other nocturnal beast. In any case, it's no longer in my house, which is a bad place for mice to be, given the presence of five competent mousers and one dog.

That was the extent of my excitement for the weekend, apart from various writing ventures, which I should really put on one of the other blogs. Now, the weekend is winding down and I can see a busy day scheduled for tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home